Monday, November 17, 2014

Cookies and Cake

It was a dark and stormy night.

Sorry, it really wasn't. I've just always wanted to write that.

It was a brisk, November evening. The air was rich with wafting scents of cheese and baking.

I walked in, cake precariously balanced, eyes scanning for literally the one person that mattered.

There! Right? Yeah must be. I need her. There are too many people here ... I just need to get closer to you ... Hi-

It wasn't you.

Okay, don't panic. She's coming. Just running late. Put the cake down before you lapse to your clumsy nature.

Wow there are a lot of girls here ... Am I the only guy who made something? Heehee that's pretty sexist isn't it Roo? Roo? Oh yeah ...

Better text. Better call. Oh, traffic? Oh okay. I'm here bae!

I'll just put the cake down on this corner table. Wow, I don't know a single person here ... Welp, time to bust out the phone and stare at the screen and avoid eye contact and omg those people are looking at me and Roo please come fast like okay I'm good.

Hmmm good ol' BBC. Economic Cameron G20 ugggh ROO!

ROO!

Roo! I'm here! I'm waving! Hey baby! You look amazing! Roo! Where are you going?! You are so far away! Come here bae!

Wait, you are messaging me ... No, its okay come over here, there's no space over there.

She's coming over. God Roo, you are so beautiful. I'm smiling at the memory of you just walking over to me.

I need to hug you. Iloveyou so much, baby. 
I can smell the cookie dough sprinkled with lavender, right now in my room.

And I'm smiling.

I love our third space. I love being with you. I love my arm around you, your arm around me. I love your hand in mine, my hand in yours, our hands intertwined in each others. I love being able to smell you, to make out each hair, to kiss your cheek, to watch your dimples wink when you smile, when you laugh, when you are so you.

You.

I'm smiling bae. Just thinking of you.

Iloveyou.

1 comment:

  1. Always so personal in your dedications. Lovely as ALWAYS <3

    ReplyDelete

A precious instance of student agency

21/07/2021     Last week, we had our dreaded MYP Audit. Through two weeks’ worth of blood, sweat, and mostly, tears we did manage to put on ...