Monday, April 6, 2015

Run, my babyboy

Ridged soles slap against cold cobblestone.

The pace builds.

Faster.

Faster.

Come on! Faster!

She flits away ahead of me, bounding from one lithe step to the next with effortless grace.

I chase after in her wake.

She, always a grasp away, laughs a cool breeze and sends it my way.

Beads of sweat, rivulets on my skin. Muscles moving in synch, body flowing in rhythm.

Feet pound the ground, launching me closer, and closer.

Ears pounding with cardiac crescendo.

Chest heaving, biting down precious morsels of oxygen.

I feel so alive.

Her hand encompasses my blurred tunnel vision.

One last contraction, one more expansion, legs propel me into her waiting fingers.

Her touch, lightning, firing every synapse, exciting every neuron.

Eyes emanating cold flame, spine excited for more.

"Hey, race you to the bottom."

No comments:

Post a Comment

A precious instance of student agency

21/07/2021     Last week, we had our dreaded MYP Audit. Through two weeks’ worth of blood, sweat, and mostly, tears we did manage to put on ...